Not another Motrin post18 November 2008, 11:10 pm
However, now with a touch of time to catch up on feeds, I’ve come across a couple of posts that not only tell the story, but give a rational account of what went wrong, what could have been done better and where to go from here.
So instead of regurgitating everything that went on, I encourage you to read the following posts, by two people I respect quite a bit (even more now after reading their right-minded thoughts):
Now that you’re all caught up, let’s ask some questions:
• Was Motrin’s biggest mistake not listening or was it something else?
• Was their eventual response the best it could be?
• What would be your 140-character advice to the people responsible?
• Mack Collier’s, “#MotrinMoms = Exhibit A for online monitoring”
• Neville Hobson’s, “The Motrin storm: breathtaking speed and scale”
• Louis Gray’s, “Brand Reputation Management Is Not A Monday-Friday Gig”
UPDATE: Just caught this post by Beth Harte. Well worth passing along to you:
Tags: Alan Wolk, Controversy, Diva Marketing, Louis Gray, Mack Collier, Monitoring, Motrin, Motrin Controversy, Neville Hobson, P.R., Planting Seeds, Planting Seeds online, PlantingSeeds.ca, Social Media, The Toad Stool, Toby Bloomberrg, Viral Garden